SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2019 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake
View Single Post
post #512 of Old 11-07-2019 Thread Starter
chef2sail

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: 2019 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailnavy View Post
"I've also done Colonial Beach-Annapolis- that's 2 days, so make it 3 for you? 5 seems excessive, weather notwithstanding.
My day 1 is 30nm CB to Pt Lookout or Jutland creek. Ride the ebb all the way down. Wouldn't bother with the time to go up to St Mary's, esp if just for a sleepstop. You're coming from ~Alexandria so add a day, play the current both days otherwise you have no choice but to fight it for at least part."
We agree then. March weather sucks.

Lucky to get 3 good days in a row.

If he can get to the Potomac Mouth in 2 days and get good weather., he could make Deal in one long 50 mile day. Solomon’s is only a duck in place.

I suggested St Mary’s or Smith Creek as both are easy to find a place out of the wind in a dying afternoon sun.

Being realistic 3-4 days if no issues and good wealthier.
4 -5 days , planning for contingencies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome