SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bulkhead diesel heater - Questions!
View Single Post
post #10 of Old 11-15-2019
hpeer

Re: Bulkhead diesel heater - Questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowdan View Post
I was seeing diesel coming in, but even on highest setting it took quite a bit of time to even pool up. Seems like when it was turned to max, it would run relatively okay but wasn't ever pumping out heat even after turning the set screw all the way in.

I pulled the screw from the knob and found that the screw has an internal screw thats adjustable. Turns out I needed to adjust this screw to get the proper flow rate - which sigmar indicates at 1 teaspoon per 50 seconds(max setting i'm getting about 1 teaspoon at 60-70 seconds).

Today I worked from home and have had the heater running at 5 for the last hour, the boat is getting nice and warm and will likely turn it down to around 3 to see how it runs.

Next task is to properly route the copper tubing, securing the tank and finish trimming out the headliner to make it pretty.
Good for you. It seems these things take a bit of fidgeting to get working right but then are very reliable. However I just can’t see running one while underway in a sailboat. Personally I want heat while watch standing.

33' Brewer, Murray 33, steel cutter
44' Pape, Steelmaid, cc steel cutter

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome