SailNet Community - View Single Post - Great Books to Take Cruising! My new one just arrived!!
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 11-18-2019 Thread Starter
MarkofSeaLife

Dock
Thumbs up Great Books to Take Cruising! My new one just arrived!!

I hate the Fear books... you know, the disaster books about how to die at sea. I don't read them, I throw them overboard and stick to stuff that is going to make my voyages more fun

Anyway, theres a new book that will be great on board!!!!!!!!!!

Sea birds can be very difficult to identify - unless they land on the boat. This book has over 2,000 photos including multiple identification shots of each bird, many shot in different sun or cloud conditions. Also maps of where and *when* you'll see them.

Theres a lot of birds I know, but many I just give a nickname to: The "Hello Bird" because they fly up from astern and when abeam the cockpit the turn their head and give you a very good inspection, they're saying hello
Also ones I know, like St Peters Petral I dont know why they try and stand on the water with their feet... I will soon

Ive attached some photos below. Theres an indepth review on this site: Oceanic Birds of The World: A Photo Guide-A Book Review - 10,000 Birds
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0F535AE5-F122-4EBD-9F1E-439D6FEBDC40.jpg (1.36 MB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 4EEE7F2E-0BA4-4F0D-8B96-7D35A02C3C3E.jpg (851.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg C2B2B5B0-5F63-45B8-9BBF-76A4898F4A20.jpg (455.0 KB, 10 views)

Sea Life
Notes on a Circumnavigation:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

People can say they want freedom, but offer them the keys to what chains them, a map to where they want to go,
And they'll turn it down for the cell they know

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome