SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing La Vegabond
View Single Post
post #361 of Old 12-03-2019
MarkofSeaLife

Dock
Re: Sailing La Vegabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwesterner View Post
Greta has been reported to have Asperger's Syndrome.

I 'fact checked' and yes, Gretas parents have stated she has Aspergers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greta_Thunberg

Notwithstanding this, why has she not appeared in Nikki's posts as helping? No references to "Greta stood Watch" or Greta helped change sails, or did deck work, or steered etc etc.

I saw a group photo and she looks very small compared to the group. Really like a little child.
But couldn't she start learning what she advocates as a preferred method of transport?
Even with Asperger's isn't 3 weeks under the tutorlidge of Nikki and Riley time enough to get anyone actively involved?

When I took 2 girls on my past trans-atlanic neither had been on a boat before... But within 3 days both were doing full solo watches. (OK one did need, ummmm, constant supervision ) Every watch they did 20 minutes hand steering.
They both went on to working full time on Superyachts.

I can assure you one appeared only slightly above the rank of incurably un-teachable, but after 3 weeks was a highly skilled as fish bait, and able to be left alone on midnight watch without waking the Skipper.

On the SLV passage there seems to be a news blackout on her, and her father's, sailing contribution... Or any contribution except for her father's coffee making.

No doubt I will be told I am totally wrong.

The BS is floating about chin level on a 7 foot giant.

Sea Life
Notes on a Circumnavigation:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

People can say they want freedom, but offer them the keys to what chains them, a map to where they want to go,
And they'll turn it down for the cell they know

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome