SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing La Vegabond
View Single Post
post #369 of Old 12-03-2019
midwesterner

Re: Sailing La Vegabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbianka View Post
OMG They've dropped the sails and are using the diesel engines! Did not expect to see that. The media awaits but, I guess won't wait forever or maybe they just want to get back on land ASAP!
Oh my gosh. nobody associated with this group ever said that they were looking to never use an engine. It's about REDUCING reliance on carbon emitting devices. All of us who sail reduce the use of fuel. Greta rode in trains, buses and cars while she was in New York. I've not heard one person call for the abolishment of internal combustion engines.

Greta has been successful in getting kids the world over, to think about our impact on the environment. If more kids of her generation ride bikes more often, reduce the use of plastics, recycle more aluminium cans, and learn to sail, how is any of that a bad thing. You'll keep doing whatever you do.

And, if a larger percentage of your electricity starts getting generated by wind, solar or tide generators, instead of coal fired power plants, what does it matter to the people who prefer to ignore environmental problems, as long as the lights come on when they flip the switch.

Now, just to make this spiritual, I offer a prayer to Anemoi.

Last edited by midwesterner; 12-03-2019 at 02:05 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome