SailNet Community - View Single Post - Need experienced opinions
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 12-04-2019 Thread Starter
Yofy

Need experienced opinions

Concerning the Beneteau Oceanis 393 2006:

After years of sailing a traditional full keeled sailboat on the Red Sea, we are making some big changes in life. As we near retirement we have decided to relocate to the Med for summer liveaboard / sailing. With that in mind we have been looking at boats that are more user friendly for Med mooring, maneuvering in tight places, dinghy access and have more roomy and comfortable below deck accommodation. After over 30 years living aboard small boats we want some comfort. LOL.

Over the past 20 years we have had many many opportunities both as a delivery team and as crew to think about what suits us and what doesn't. So we've narrowed the field to the Beneteau 393. We sailed on this boat for over a week a couple of times through all sorts of weather and lived aboard one this fall for a few weeks in Turkey.

But one thing concerns us. This fall I found the sleeping accommodation in the forward berth to be uncomfortable for a couple. Everybody seems to rave about the berth but I found myself squashed against the inside wall and "climbing the wall" in the middle of the night. Even in our 30 foot boat the berth is more comfortable.

So before we take the leap, my question is:
Has any other couple had this issue?
Or could it be due to old berth cushions that need replacing?
Robyn

SV Yofy
Blog: Sailing in the winds of peace

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome