SailNet Community - View Single Post - Need experienced opinions
View Single Post
post #6 of Old 12-04-2019
capta
Master Mariner

Re: Need experienced opinions

I had a forward V-berth in my last boat and slept quite happily there on and off for 18 years between captain's jobs. It was fine for my wife and I (much better with a topper) and even better after she left.
But nothing improves the liveaboard experience more than our present centerline queen! And having a berth that can take an off the showroom floor mattress and sheets is a huge improvement over cobbling together pieces of foam and having covers custom made to fit a V-berth. And for those of us who like to sleep on nice crisp sheets? No more paying exorbitant prices for "custom" made sheets to fit that V-berth.
If a boat is to become your home, there are a some things that may need to take preference over the sailing/performance part of it all.

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.
“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

facebook.com/svskippingstone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome