SailNet Community - View Single Post - Need experienced opinions
View Single Post
post #8 of Old 12-04-2019
SanderO

Re: Need experienced opinions

My experience with the Bene was visiting Mark's boat. The forward berth seemed OK. I certainly agree with Capta... if you have the option go for a CL double in an aft cabin. My Contest 36s offers the owner the option of a typical V just forward of a walk thru head or a large berth in the aft cab where standing is only possible at the entry to the cabin. You can sleep either fore and aft or athrwartship. We use standard sheets but it's hard to make the bed because you have to crawl on do it from on top of the bunk. And it's far away from the head whereas the V is adjacent. Our aft cabinet has more lockers and excellent ventilation and communication with the cockpit

My friends have a 36s and are quite tall and sleep in the V and use the aft cabin for a catch-all whereas I use the V for guests and as a catch-all walk in "closet". We've tried the V and find it harder to get in and out of. Were I to get another boat... a CL aft walk around would be high on my list. This usually means a center cockpit.

We have adapted to the 36s but I would never want to use a V for my sleeping cabin. Look for a boat with a CL berth!

pay attention... someone's life depends on it

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome