SailNet Community - View Single Post - Joining Sailing/Boating and Yacht Clubs
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 12-14-2019
chef2sail

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Joining Sailing/Boating and Yacht Clubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwesterner View Post
I have not yet spent any time at anyplace that has a yacht club, but this sounds like all the worst elements of a youth sports parents club, the PTA, and a neighborhood association, all rolled into one. Scary.
Understand the first 6 years it was a perfectly good experience.

My takeaway was that if you can find the “right” club it can be a great experience. Figure out what you want from it first and if it can meet those needs

If you find a club where the members help out physically then they are more likely to accept others IMHO and it helps create an esprit de cor. The clubs which are people paying and everyone gets a vote, well that leads to a lot of discention.

If you are looking for a boating/ sailing club , the goals are different from the club which encourages the locals to party.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome