SailNet Community - View Single Post - Coppercoat Application, Screw Up or Did I Do Okay
View Single Post
post #2 of Old 01-23-2020
capta
Master Mariner

Re: Coppercoat Application, Screw Up or Did I Do Okay

It would be interesting to get a straight critique on Coppercoat as so far it seems those who have used it are either very happy or very not. I've heard application is very important, but even some of those who have had it applied by a Coppercoat recommended yard have been unhappy. Then there are those who suggest sanding every year, which means a haul out every year, which kind of defeats the whole point of that bottom paint system.
I'd certainly pay the money if I was convinced that it did what it is advertised to do, whoever, if it did, why don't boats coming off the production line offer it as an option?
Too many unanswered questions at this point to spend 6k+ on a bottom job.

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.
“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

facebook.com/svskippingstone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome