SailNet Community - View Single Post - Coppercoat Application, Screw Up or Did I Do Okay
View Single Post
post #22 of Old 01-25-2020
capta
Master Mariner

Re: Coppercoat Application, Screw Up or Did I Do Okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstbttms View Post
Look chief, there are some constants regarding anti fouling paints and one of them is that there is no reason to annually renew a paint that has a useful lifespan measured in years.

You don't even believe there is such a thing as an effective anti fouling paint, so your opinion about them is barely worth the electrons you used to post it here.
You're the guy who didn't even know that there are antifouling paints formulated for specific areas, as I remember. Back to the tiny microcosm.
I use antifouling paint and have done so for more than 5 decades, all over the world, including your tiny microcosm. Since I'm the one paying for poor performance, I believe I am in a position to make statements based on my experience. It just so happens that there are many others out there who also find the "antifouling" paint thing a con.
As for annual haul outs, again, your tiny microcosm springs to light, there are other reasons an intelligent boat owner may want to haul annually, other than to paint the bottom. But that is probably beyond a non sail boat owning bottom cleaner's knowledge base.

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.
“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

facebook.com/svskippingstone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome