SailNet Community - View Single Post - Coppercoat Application, Screw Up or Did I Do Okay
View Single Post
post #27 of Old 01-25-2020
Fstbttms
I don't discuss my member

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay

Re: Coppercoat Application, Screw Up or Did I Do Okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanderO View Post
I would like to see a new bottom cleaning business model. It would be a floating twin hulled device with rotating bushes you slowing tow your boat through... like a car in a car wash. I don't see why the machine can't have arms with rotating brushed which could do almost any hull shape... including the keel... no foils ;-). The clean would be inexpensive and could take 10 minutes. Why not?
These already exist. Shall I tell you all the easily identified reasons they are inferior to having a human clean your boat's bottom?

And again, if you do your boating in a place where anti fouling paint is an option rather than a necessity because the fouling progression doesn't warrant it , hey, go without it. But for the very, VERY great majority of boats that live in the water, that simply won't cut the mayo. Effective anti fouling paint and regular in-water hull cleaning are two basic aspects of boat maintenance for most of us.

Last edited by Fstbttms; 01-25-2020 at 02:27 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome