SailNet Community - View Single Post - Best Eastern Seaboard State for Sales Tax
View Single Post
post #59 of Old 02-02-2020
Minnewaska

Re: Best Eastern Seaboard State for Sales Tax

If anyone thinks ignorance is limited to a particular race, socioeconomic status, political affiliation or any other way one may want to defend their own point of view, I really hope they don't vote. They are too clueless to choose well.

There are far more ignorant people in the majority, as there are far more people in the majority. Duh. Therefore, there are far more people in the majority that would fail my theoretical test. It was to make a point, not to suggest an actual solution.

The power of a democracy is such that the folks who are running things are required to consider everyone's issues, lest the masses rise and do something stupid. When our democracy was formed, fewer than 5% of the population voted for President. By the time Abraham Lincoln was elected, it was maybe 15%. Back then, you couldn't me manipulated by social media or 24/7 cable news on both sides of the spectrum.

The problem is that the ignorant masses, on both sides, are being skillfully manipulated. The system will be destroyed without an educated electorate. It is being destroyed. Need I post examples?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

Last edited by Minnewaska; 02-02-2020 at 09:47 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome