SailNet Community - View Single Post - NYC - 4th of July - Am I Nutzo?
View Single Post
post #60 of Old 02-07-2020
chef2sail

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: NYC - 4th of July - Am I Nutzo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanderO View Post
We're going to be in Newport for the 4th. It's a tradition for us. We used to order a steamed lobster, make corn on the cob, salad and some good beer for dinner and then wait for the fireworks. Newport is its most crowded that weekend. We still return to our favorite places... the Mansions, Cliff Walk, walk the dog at Ft Adams or Kings Park and visit our favorite shops, restaurants and enjoy seeing the boats. We can be as close the the fireworks as we want and always enjoy them from the cockpit.

Newport is a great town full of American history, nautical treasures and friendly people and a jewel not to be missed.
I love Newport too. A can’t miss place when visiting the Northeast. Sailing capital. Not sure the 4th is its busiest as the Folk Festival draws an enormous crowd.

Every region of the country has its “star “ city or Port. I was thinking of Charlestown, San Diego, Seattle. All are can miss places with great history, attractions, and good sailing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome