SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is Sailing Sexist?
View Single Post
post #339 of Old 08-05-2014
captain jack

Re: Is Sailing Sexist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
As they say in politics, this is just rallying your base, not mainstream anymore. I can't think of too many examples of this for those under 70.

Sailing is a hobby that both my wife and I have chosen to do together. When we arrived for our cruise on Sat, I had to change the oil, replace a plumbing fitting on the washdown pump buried in the v-berth and install a new 12v TV. In the middle of it all, the bilge pump starts running continuously and I have to replace the float switch.

All the while, my wife is reading her kindle in the cockpit. Maybe sailing is sexist?

She has zero interest in learning how to do these things. I, on the other hand, know how to do laundry and clean, to use your examples. In fact, we each do our own laundry separately at home. I made dinner aboard last night too. A paella with scrod, clams, chorizo, artichokes, red pepper, string beans and tomatoes.
i haven't the slightest idea what a paella or a scrod is but, great post.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.---Captain Jack Sparrow

1971 Cal 27

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome