SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting little video
View Single Post
post #21 of Old 08-10-2014
Group9

Re: Interesting little video

Nice video and an interesting story. You wonder how many people in their forties and fifties, getting more and more stressed out in their jobs, wish they could find a way to get off the gerbil wheel to live a life like this, at least for a while.

If I could go back in time, the one thing I would do for sure, would be to do something like this when I was young, with basically no responsibilities, and no worries.

My first cruise, in 1987, just two weeks to the Bahamas with some friends, made me want the lifestyle. Sadly, at 29, I was already working with a house, car, and student loan payments, and locked into the A-1 scenario lifestyle.

Plenty of time later for this guy to enter the grind of the rat race if that is what he wants. But, he seems to be enjoying the hell out of life. Not everybody can say the same. I know millionaires that don't seem half as happy as this guy.

On the northern Gulf of Mexico.

"Best thing to do is get her out on the ocean. If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there." Captain Ron Rico

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome