Thread: Stoltz Boats
View Single Post
post #11 of Old 08-17-2014
jaffary

Re: Further on Stoltz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
Found this tidbit on another forum:
I have gathered a fair amount of history on the Stoltz 25 and its predecessor the Seahawk 24 and have spoken to people who personally knew the original Stoltz designer. I'm still looking for more of the history of this design. Apparently a group of TCA pilots bought the mould for the boat and built them in Steveston There are quite a few Stoltzes still around. I bought my second Stoltz 25 last year and am currently (attempting) to restore it to its original condition. Any ideas on interior modifications would be greatly appreciated. My interior still has the slide out galley on the starboard side

This was in a thread on the Pacific Yachting forum from a couple of years ago.
Cheers
Hello
I just came across your post about the Stoltz 25 and I though I would let you know that we bought the first one made in Bob Stoltz's yard. We named it Mistral and sailed it for several years around BC. You are correct about the TCA pilot and we dealt with someone named Chris.

Bob was a great guy and a quality builder although he didn't build the mould, I think it was built by the Vogels of Cloverdale paints who also built a mould for the Hunter 32.Chris and friends took over the marketing and worked with Bob.

We had 4 small children who slept end to end on the quarter berths but as they grew up we had to upsize and sold her.

Bruce Jaffary

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome