SailNet Community - View Single Post - RS-232 to Bluetooth Converters
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 08-20-2014
SVAuspicious
Mermaid Hunter

Re: RS-232 to Bluetooth Converters

Quote:
Originally Posted by svzephyr44 View Post
Remote control of my TS-480 HX. The link to the Pactor modem is a hard link. I would like to be able to use the autotune feature of Airmail but don't want to have to run another hard wire from the TxRx box (buried in the stern all the way to the chart table.
Ah. Okay - you know that Airmail can control the radio through the Pactor modem? There are two cables between the modem and the radio. I gather you mounted the radio (v. the control head) aft.

If the link fails you can still control the radio frequency manually so it isn't too fragile an idea.

Have you considered moving the modem to the radio? That would mean replacing the existing audio cable with a USB cable which you may not want to do either.

Have you sent a question to Gary Jensen at Dockside Radio? Gary will have a lot more practical information than you'll get here -- hundreds of installations a year, even if he sells hardware to other people that do the installation.

sail fast and eat well, dave S/V Auspicious

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

beware "cut and paste" sailors

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome