SailNet Community - View Single Post - RS-232 to Bluetooth Converters
View Single Post
post #6 of Old 08-20-2014
TakeFive

Re: RS-232 to Bluetooth Converters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic30 View Post
I've been happy with the ones from USConverters .

Since I had to pay shipment form the USA, I bought one of each type (long range and short range) - the range is really quite impressive, and I found the short-range one quite enough for ship-board use.

It was quite confusing getting it to pair correctly, but once I did it's been fine ever since. They even use the proper chipset...
I've used the USConverters ones for 4 years. Took some work to initially configure, but flawless performance ever since. I spent the extra $6 for the industrial version just to be sure I had the most reliable connection. At the time the industrial version included a DB9 gender changer which came in handy at one point for configuring it. Not sure it still includes it.

I use the adapters for transmitting bidirectional NMEA 0183 sentences between my nav system and Win8 tablet. GPS and AIS come in to the tablet, and autopilot commands go out of the tablet.

Rick S., Swarthmore, PA
USCG Certified Captain, OUPV and 50 Ton Master
ASA Certified 101/103/104/105/106

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Catalina 34MkII Tall Rig Wing Keel Breakin' Away, Universal Diesel M35B, Mantus 35 lb. anchor, sailing out of Rock Hall Landing Marina

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome