SailNet Community - View Single Post - LETS REVISIT FAVORITE ANCHORAGES
View Single Post
post #2 of Old 12-20-2002
Stede

LETS REVISIT FAVORITE ANCHORAGES

Place I''ve promised to return.....Previous to chartering a boat out of Guadaloupe as skipper,I had my left ear pierced in good sailor form.We sailed away....the sky was blue, with large puffy white cumulus clouds hanging over the volcano on Guadaloupe.The wind was pleasing to our course,and the water was shimmering with all its glory.We sailed to our first destination - Iles De Saintes.We toured the island and fort,enjoyed the French food,and in general had an exceptionally good day.Upon returning to the boat,we found a note tacked on to the companionway instructing us to "call home." When we did, we found out that my wife''s mother had passed away.The following morning we set sail to return to Guadaloupe,and to the States.The sky had turned a pale grey,the wind was a dull whisper,and the volcano only a bare outline of bleak.The bad Karma hung over us like a wet blanket.As we motored along dodging crab pots,we passed a point of land and I saw a river rushing down from a valley towards the coast.I removed my earring and tossed it overboard as a marker of my presence,and a vow of my return.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome