SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting little video
View Single Post
post #30 of Old 11-25-2014
MedSailor
Closet Powerboater

Re: Interesting little video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapp View Post
Agreed,I always dreamed of retiring early and was able to at the age of 48.I did it responsibly by working 2 jobs,saving my money and building up rental income.8 years later I can tell you it's not the picnic everyone thinks it is.Do I get bored ?YES.Especially in the winter.Do I want to go back to a job ? Absolutely not.It's a Catch 22,you enjoy the freedom,but filling 24 hours a day isn't always easy.Last winter was very harsh,it almost drove me crazy.I think it's the old grass looking greener on the other side effect and these days the stresses on people are much greater so it's easier to see greener grass.I've been lucky to see both sides and I'm glad I did.I think this young man is doing a good thing if he gets this out of his system and once he goes to a normal life he'll look back fondly,maybe unrealistically,on these days.
I hope to have your problems soon. I have 2 young kids, 2 jobs, and one of them is a business I am an owner of and am growing. I have NO trouble filling 24hrs.

How about volunteering? Low/no stress and you can get out and "work" as much or as little as you want. I also find that other folks who are volunteering tend to be in much better moods than co-workers are.

MedSailor

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome