SailNet Community - View Single Post - Merit 25 sailors?
View Single Post
post #9 of Old 12-03-2014 Thread Starter
christian.hess

Re: Merit 25 sailors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHNOOL View Post
Yes don't you know you should be sailing a Mac 26x, with a bluewater bucket? And you should have paid $400 for a survey for a trailer sailor you know.

All I can say is, I'm glad purchases don't require a committee.

The Merit 25 is a cool choice for racing.. Also it's pretty interesting to buy a race boat, you've stumbled across what I've personally found with race boats.. The owners are usually well informed, keep up with mainteance, that have upgraded their sail inventory, rigging, and outfittted the boats with all the go fast options. Usually the boats have decent bottoms. The biggest problem with race boats, is them not being raced/used for long periods, that means the owner stopped upkeep completely.

Again, Merit 25 should be a helluva lotta fun.
and bingo was his name oh!

thats how this boat was/is

Its got an awesome layer of black moss and grime that has the gelcoat underneath pretty pristine

inside there was rain water...its a lake so no worries with metal and stuff

mast is up but not tuned so the hull was nice and relaxed

in any case

elbow grease and some love and cleaning and we can sail on sunday which is the plan

I already took apart the outboard which just had some crud

I also did my patented pinesol bath for the lower unit and carb clean and we are good to go there

anywhoo

peace

next cleaning and washing sails, doing the downy rinse for my running rigging, varnish tiller and bobs yer uncle

no lollygagging here! ajajaja

Merit 25 sold...Islander 36 still afloat? who knows...Im still in Columbus, and back...I think...jajajaja!!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome