SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting little video
View Single Post
post #47 of Old 12-06-2014
Rapp

Re: Interesting little video

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningRabbit View Post
I'm glad Mark pointed out it was professionally made by an experienced, up-and-coming filmmaker. I don't know why anyone watching it would think it was anything other than what it is: a short documentary about a guy on a sailboat. But you can't win for losing on these forums. If it's a well-made film up for some awards (as that one is), then it's clearly not a gritty selfie vid on a GoPro and gosh, how fake! If it is a gritty, unedited, crazed selfie video on a GoPro or iThingy, then everyone would be criticizing the camera angles and lack of editing. (Sigh). He's lucky that he's got cool filmmaker friends, but that doesn't make what he's doing any more or any less "cool," "enviable," or "noteworthy."

Don't cry a river about how lonely he is. He's got a chiseled bod, a great smile, and if you read his blog twentyeightfeet, a dreadlocked hippy girlfriend. I'm just hoping he's got a doppelganger out there who I can run into and buddy boat with, because I need a guy with his age, looks, and attitude, and I don't plan to settle for less.
I made the point it was unrealistic if it was supposed to show the pros and CONS of living aboard,I saw a lot of pros and no cons,like maybe a breakdown or engine fail.I have nothing against him,I was just pointing out I felt it was deceptive as a video on a certain lifestyle.I'm glad he's not lonely and good luck finding someone just like him.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome