ontheocean
intermediate senior

Re: Team SCA, volvo ocean race

How are they doing.

Leg 2 - Cape Town to Abu Dhabi

( 1 ) Team Brunel Finished Elapsed time: 023d 16h 25m 20s

( 6 ) Team SCA Finished Elapsed time: 025d 06h 23m 34s

Difference = 2d 10h 01m 46s and beat team Vestra Wind. Pretty Good effort. Yes

Max speed Over ground 1h average registered this 2nd leg 24.4kt Team SCA.

24-hour run Max distance sailed in 24h this 2nd leg 517.4 nms but looks like map free had the best sailing performance or trimmers with Max Distance 24 hr run.

Can't find leg one dash board for further analysis. Waiting for a reply from Race org.

B & G navigators prize state some interesting analysis.

Libby Greenhalgh Team SCA Navigator United Kingdom

"Who she is:

A British-born meteorologist, Libby has worked as the meteorologist for the British sailing team across junior and Olympic levels for the past seven years.

She is also a freelance weather forecaster working for sailing, surf, kite-surf, bike and car rally events. She has sailed most of her life and competed in the Youth Worlds and 470 class before moving onto bigger boats and match racing.

What she said: “The Volvo Ocean Race is one of the things I have aspired to do in my life and the opportunity with Team SCA, to combine the racing that I do,

with the weather knowledge that I have and race around the world, is incredibly exciting.”

Navigating or crew sail trimming work defective ?

Comments

Sail with the breezes and storms.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome