SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boat transport - overland
View Single Post
post #3 of Old 01-07-2015
MedSailor
Closet Powerboater

Re: Boat transport - overland

Quote:
Originally Posted by malyea View Post
Any recommendations for a good, reputable overland boat transport company? .... any companies to avoid?

If I can't sell my 1982 Hunter 30 by mid-August, I'll take her with us when we move to St Augustine. Currently she's slipped on Lake Allatoona just north of Atlanta.

Easy to find some companies online but I'm interested if anyone has had direct experience - good or bad - with any particular company.

Thanks!

Absolutely great experience with Associated Boat Transport. They moved my 35,000lb Nauticat 40 with no issues at all. Very professional, lowest price and ahead of schedule.

I DID run into huge problems with the riggers who decommissioned the boat, and there were many other variables with this shipping that I had not bargained for. In the end it has cost me nearly a year and $40,000 in insurance claims to get the boat operational again. The only good part of the experience was the trucking company itself. Everything else about moving the boat was a disaster.

MedSailor

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome