SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boat transport - overland
View Single Post
post #4 of Old 01-07-2015
miatapaul
Old enough to know better

Re: Boat transport - overland

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedSailor View Post
Absolutely great experience with Associated Boat Transport. They moved my 35,000lb Nauticat 40 with no issues at all. Very professional, lowest price and ahead of schedule.

I DID run into huge problems with the riggers who decommissioned the boat, and there were many other variables with this shipping that I had not bargained for. In the end it has cost me nearly a year and $40,000 in insurance claims to get the boat operational again. The only good part of the experience was the trucking company itself. Everything else about moving the boat was a disaster.

MedSailor
I was surprised when I first started reading this post, as it seemed you would find it hard to find something good about that boat move. In case the Original poster has nothing to do for the next several hours, here is his sorted tail:

https://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-m...ate-boats.html

The one thing I have to say is MedSailor keep his cool through the whole adventure! Glad he has something positive to say about the move. You will want to vet anyone very carefully as some of the guys out there don't have the best equipment and experience with sailboats. Boats were made to be used on water not concrete and if the two meet it is never good!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome