SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dinghy theft protection
View Single Post
post #11 of Old 02-13-2015
miatapaul
Old enough to know better

Re: Dinghy theft protection

The one mooring field that is "public" by me there seems to be two things that people do. They adhere to the "ugliest dingy" but the problem is there seems to be a competition going on. One worse than the next. I suspect they even bail water into them to make them look like they are leaking. This is the ugliest gathering of aluminum flat bottom and boats and dented canoes that you have ever seen. So last years winner of the ugly boat competition now looks good in comparison to this years winner.

So the second attempt is now made, it needs to be locked up! Yes even these pieces of junk need to be locked up! I think a lot of the folks take there oars with them. None of them have motors on them by the way. One of them seems to use old anchor chain from the Mayflower, old and rusty, but so big I am surprised it does not sink the dingy.

There are a couple of fiberglass ones, and they have had splotches of paint sprayed on them. There attempt at making them "ugly" are so obvious they stick out.

Last edited by miatapaul; 02-13-2015 at 10:01 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to miatapaul For This Useful Post:
Minnewaska (02-13-2015)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome