SailNet Community - View Single Post - Recommendations for Battery Monitor
View Single Post
post #12 of Old 02-13-2015
MarkofSeaLife

Dock
Re: Recommendations for Battery Monitor

The latest innovation to my boat is a Xantrex Linklite battery monitor. OK, its a fourm so everyone may step in now to tell me how I just wasted $300 and should have bought brand Z... Or got mine for $10 on a website...

Anyway, its early days, but you can see in the following two photos the number of amp hours it is down (76 but it was down 97 this morning on a 500 amp hour battery bank), and in the other photo the number of amps comming in from the solar panels on the Blue Sky controller, and the net amps on the LinkLite. My wind generator (amp meter out of shot) is giving me about 2 amps. I have both a fridge and a freezer on so i am getting 2 amps net.

Today its cloudy and about 10 knots wind. Yesterday was worse and I was freezing meat so thats why the amp hours are down.

If you cant read the Blue Sky screen it says 6.6 amps. Now the cloud is gone its reading 15.5!!!

So it seems to provide what I want. I hope this helps.

Mark

Sea Life
Notes on a Circumnavigation:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

People can say they want freedom, but offer them the keys to what chains them, a map to where they want to go,
And they'll turn it down for the cell they know

Last edited by MarkofSeaLife; 02-13-2015 at 12:26 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome