SailNet Community - View Single Post - Divider in the chain locker on a PSC 34
View Single Post
post #10 of Old 03-27-2015
svjobeth

Re: Divider in the chain locker on a PSC 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateinmaine View Post
Our anchor locker has two different seperators.. A very robust fiberglassed to the hull short segment and an easy to remove plywood part. I removed the plywood in the photo, you can see it lying down on the starboard side of the locker. I needed to climb in there to remove and rebed the bow pulpit and windlass.. There is a drainage area from what I can determine.. Fair amount of chain locker flotsam blocking the way presently and I believe there is some mesh that is doing its best from letting the flotsam cause trouble...I'll get the shop vac in there soon..
Nate, Athenry psc34 #89
Our configuration on Jo Beth is the same, as would be expected. We also built and installed a plywood divider but have recently removed it since we've decided to carry only a Rocna at the bow and a fortress on the stern rail. The divider worked well when had two anchors, a CQR and Bruce, on the bow.

As an aside, one of the biggest improvements we made to the chain locker was to add an old piece of Eisenglass vinyl just inside the doors, and to barrel bolt the locker doors. This kept the forward part of the V-berth noticeably warmer and drier.

Bill & Lisa Ballard
S/V Jo Beth
1984 Pacific Seacraft Crealock 34, Hull #16

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome