SailNet Community - View Single Post - Intro, Lake Michigan Advice, Questions.
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 06-06-2015 Thread Starter
scottorious

Re: Intro, Lake Michigan Advice, Questions.

Thanks for the words of advice. I had a small sailboat in the past and I guess it would be a good way to quench my thirst in the extreme short term. My goal is to cruise the ocean but I wouldn't ever been seen again if I tried that right now. My Lake Michigan goal was to kind of have a boat/camper that I could putter around the southern end of the lake on weekends or short vacations. From what I can see via the online boat market It's hard to know what 10K buys around the lake. I also would only want to use the boat as my learning boat to where I would move into something larger.

It feels so exciting to finally be talking about it with real plans now instead of just daydreaming. Even if its just online. It seems like one of those things you can't really talk about because people just don't believe you'll follow through with it. Now to craigslist to look at little boats! I don't know many boat names or styles. I don't even really know many boating terms. I just had a little blue boat and I figured out how to make it move with the wind. I have to also shamelessly add that I'd love to be able to throw a line to a girl, "wanna go sailing this weekend". So I need to find something with room for 2. I remember the boat now was a Banshee. It was a decent boat but the transom started to rot away and I just ditched it.

Thanks again. I'm excited to slowly get more involved with this community. It seems like a great group of people from the creeping around I did before I registered. I think that's another reason sailing excites me. I have been into motorcycles and other sorts of communities and the sailing community seems to fit my personality much much better than any of the previous. Hope someday to meet some of you great lakes sailors and we can all share a drink!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome