SailNet Community - View Single Post - Intro, Lake Michigan Advice, Questions.
View Single Post
post #9 of Old 06-07-2015
Siamese

Re: Intro, Lake Michigan Advice, Questions.

"just much easier to learn from someone in the know than google searching"

On the other hand, with the internet, you have a world of information available at your own fingertips. Why not study a bit on your own, and post queries when you're truly unable to find the answer? Sure, Sailnet people will help you, but you're a thirty year old man who doesn't appear to have the focus and the initiative to get yourself on the water.

example: "I have a full size truck, would it pull a cal 20? "
Well, how the heck would I know? Haven't seen your truck, so I don't know the make, model, year, engine, transmission, or rear end, but I'll bet if you looked up the weight of a Cal 20 with trailer, and do your homework to learn the towing capacity of your truck, you'll have the answer.

Sorry, but you don't seem to be focused, and don't appear to have done the reading and research on the subject that a person interested in sailing would do. If you're interested in having a boat on Lake Michigan, go look at boats at a large broker, look at the listings, find out what a slip or mooring costs in various town on the lake, find out how much winter storage costs if you have a boat on a cradle. Read magazines and books (sailing section in library). Read Chapman's. Take the power squadron course. Use the search function on this site.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome