SailNet Community - View Single Post - What to do with an I-Pad?
View Single Post
post #20 of Old 07-08-2015
Tripper 17
Tripper 17

Re: What to do with an I-Pad?

There's a lot of great free literature available on the iBooks site. Just glancing at my free stuff I see Tarzan of the Apes, A Christmas Carol, The Tempest, War & Peace, The Three Musketeers, The Last of the Mohicans, The Count of Monte Christo, Legend of Sleepy Hollow, MacBeth, Hamlet, A Midsummer Night's Dream, White Fang, Huckleberry Finn, Heart of Darkness, Around the World in 80 Days, Gulliver's Travels, Call of the Wild, MOBY DICK, TREASURE ISLAND, United States Constitution; various biography/technical histories: Leonardo da Vinci, Steven Spielberg, Spanish & French primers; philosophy: Plato, Locke, DuBois, Thomas Jefferson... We used to longline off an old wooden halibut schooner out of La Push & would be stuck in port about 3 weeks out of 4 from October to April. We'd all read the same paperbacks, and got a lot of entertainment & education telling each other about our books while baiting or snapping on hooks.

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." - Yogi Berra

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome