SailNet Community - View Single Post - Privacy considerations for ignorant powerboaters
View Single Post
post #19 of Old 07-13-2015
Dfok

re: Privacy considerations for ignorant powerboaters

Hello Rick -
it is indeed a small ( and highly connected) world. A dark blue hulled motor vessel "The Tardis" slalomed through the traffic on the Sassafas River on July 5th. He was at the GYB fuel dock when our fleet joined the parade of boats heading home from the 4th of July fireworks.
A short time later I assumed he mistook the "end of 6 mph" marker for a starting gun. "The Tardis" (metal nameplate on the stern, cutout so you can see the neon/led glow of the guy who just almost ran you down) was not the only nor the worse offender.
Maybe some of those folks get their jollies from endangering others as they pass, I believe most are obnoxiously oblivious.
"The Tardis" blew by me probably about 60 - 80 feet to port with a four foot wake ( give or take an couple inches). Guess that is his signature move. I was more concerned for the folks in small runabouts, fishing and rowboats he was buzzing. Sadly if travelling at 20 plus knots he gets to rock a lot of boats.
A**wipe is far to kind a term for such an A**&#(*"*%> !
all the best
Brazen Article

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome