SailNet Community - View Single Post - Labrador...
Thread: Labrador...
View Single Post
post #93 of Old 08-05-2015
katiejai

Re: Labrador...

Quote:
Originally Posted by captbillc View Post
a great write up jon ! i really enjoyed looking at the pictures. it brought back memories. i was up in that area in 1985. we left duluth,mn on lake superior in june on the sheila yeates . topsail ketch with two yards 50 ft on deck & about 64 ft overall. we went down the lakes & on to newfoundland . we had to head ne from st. anthony because the ice pack extended about 150 miles off labrador. we stopped at ports along the west coast of greenland as far 71degrees north. then south & through prince christian sound & around cape farewell. then south to newfoundland & the us east coast to annapolis, md. if you are ever in lake superior , stop & see me in duluth. i only sail lake superior now on my 30 ft nimble express , since i was 93 on the 4th of july.
Hey Captbillc
WOW is all I can say!!! Absolutely wonderful that you are still sailing at 93. Hope I am able to do anything at that age--never mind keep sailing. I am just getting started and have been telling myself "maybe I will be too old to do much of a passage by the time I become a real sailor." You are an inspiration!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome