I am in Oriental. If you come thru Oriental (before taking the Minnesott Ferry) you might check the Marine Consignment store for used anchors, chain and rode, they usually have a supply. I stripped my sails and all canvas (Sunbrella) today. Plan to anchor up a creek tomorrow, just in case. I have only been thru Irene, she stalled and the water came in slowly, but went out in a hurry. So make sure you have anchors set to hold for rising water and outgoing water. I tie off to trees, in addition to anchoring (just because there are plenty of them). There are lots of places on both sides of the Neuse to hole up. What you want to do is shelter your boat from open water (long fetch). If you can find a spot around a corner then you will just see water rise and fall and not much in waves. The wind here is usually not too bad, but depends. Removing canvas is a good idea.
We have our Pearson 27 in Greens Creek at a pier. After losing our mooring during Irene and 12K of damage, i am reluctant to leave her in this time. I know it's too early to really know but i think our plan is to give Allen a call at Sailcraft and go ahead and haul her out. I thought about taking her up in "PeanutButter & Jelly Cove" but the idea of leaving her in scares the bejeezus out of me. Will be making a final decision in the morning and already have a call in to Sailcraft.