SailNet Community - View Single Post - Florida is at it again
View Single Post
post #268 of Old 10-13-2015
Sal Paradise
Captain Obvious

Re: Florida is at it again

I have been reading about this, trying to educate myself on this issue. This bog has some information and comment on the issue that I think is worth reading - one thing I agree with in general is the view that politicians are being legally bribed and that this generally has a negative impact on both the public and public resources. I dont think any campaign contribution over $100 should be allowed ever, by anyone and none by corporations. Anyway his commentary below and on the link

"I’m completely fed up with these ongoing attempts to eliminate the rights of the general public in favor of a few wealthy homeowners."

"...you bought the land to your property line, and not one inch beyond that. The rest of it belongs to the public."

"To limit the rights of the general public with any sort of anchoring legislation would be in essence a conveyance of those rights to the hands of those benefiting from said conveyance - the waterfront landowners. After all, it is they who are driving this process of endless fighting over this issue, not the boaters, not the guy living inland or the casual tourist visiting the state. It’s a few wealthy homeowners who are the force behind this fight."

LiveBloggin' the ICW: Florida is doing it AGAIN!

Sal Paradise - Armchair Circumnavigator

Senior Researcher - Dunning Kruger

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome