SailNet Community - View Single Post - New owner of a Parker Dawson 26 Ketch
View Single Post
post #8 of Old 11-13-2015 Thread Starter
Aswayze

Re: New owner of a Parker Dawson 26 Ketch

Parker Dawson Sales Brochure - Parker Dawson 26/Midship 25 Sailboat Owners

Above link is to an original sales brochure. I still need to scan in my original owners manual as well as the SAIL mag article on the thing and the promo ad from the OSTAR race one of the little Parker Dawsons raced in. Neat stuff!

I have a few inside pics but like most smaller boats it's tough to get decent inside photos. This is exacerbated by the double cabin on these guys since now I do not have the usual 26 footer cabin I have a 22 footer cabin up front and a 19 footer cabin in the back!

Galley, port side front cabin

Quarter berth, starboard side front cabin. Currently set up as a seat to the dinette.

Marine head sits under quarter berth.

Vee berth forward (popular with the chihuahua as you can see) Also doubles as second seat to the dinette.

Aft cabin. Both berths are quarter berths that run slightly under the cockpit giving reasonable legnth but are kind of scrawny width wise. Perfect for scrawny people of course but not so great if you have broad shoulders. Aft is a vanity with sink. That's probably going to suffer under the yoke of my simplicity tyranny and get turned into a dry vanity. The port side berth is likely to get converted into additional storage space. I am not hauling space marines to Klendathu for the big invasion, I'd rather have space than berths.

One last pic of it parked at it's mooring a few weekends ago.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome