SailNet Community - View Single Post - What sail material are racer/cruisers recommending these days?
View Single Post
post #11 of Old 12-17-2015
SailingUphill
Above 5 knots

Dock
Re: What sail material are racer/cruisers recommending these days?

I've done sails for a much smaller boat a Capri 25, headfoil 2, and went with epsails, using loadpath... I went from mid fleet, to number 2 for the year (same crew/same boat/same lousy driving, and was within a quarter point from the leader)...

I was really happy with the service I got, the time they took to understand how I sail, and they shipped it before I needed it. I bought 3 sails in 2 years, a 155 heavy number 1, a 135 number 2, and a main, all to match...

They also stood out nicely on the race course. I'm scraping together my pennies now, to order a new main from them for my S2 (I'll likely be getting a number 1 shortly thereafter). Ignore that I hadn't fixed the skirt in this picture, we were about 50 feet from the line and had JUST tacked (RC took the picture, I'm yelling at them, the mark is behind my shoulder)... We won that race correcting over the guy directly behind me on the horizon (he knew it too which is why he's idling seeing how many seconds behind him we finished).

MINI MOO, a 1983 Wavelength 24 - she's a fast cow!

Last edited by SailingUphill; 12-17-2015 at 07:40 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SailingUphill For This Useful Post:
joyinPNW (12-18-2015)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome