SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2016 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake
View Single Post
post #2 of Old 01-03-2016
T37Chef

Re: 2016 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake

Happy New Year!

Winterized the engine finally

Started on New Years Day; Warmed up the engine and then put some Barnacle Buster (https://trac-online.com/product/barn...2%AE-ready-use) in the raw water system and let it sit for 24 hours. Then changed the engine oil (so easy with the Beta, has the pump connected to the drain plug, about 30 pumps and you're finished)and filter.

Yesterday I flushed the raw water system with fresh water than ran the engine antifreeze through. Changed the impeller, engine zinc, and all three fuel filters... which includes the Racor with a 30 Micron, Engine filter with a 10 micron, and Racor P30 Fuel Polisher/back up filter with a 30 Micron. Checked over the engine for leaks, lose fittings/hoses/belts, bolts, engine mounts and alignment (its within .003). The Racor P30 Pump/Filter/Polisher with the way I designed the plumbing allows me to prime the engine and fill the filters with a push of the button. No need to carry diesel in a little can anymore! The P30 also will polish the tank and can be a back up filter if the primary gets clogged. Ahhhh... that Racor P30 was a good find at the boat show, it was only a few dollars more than a regular Racor.

I need to change the transmission fluid too but that is easy peasy, maybe today?

Is it March yet?

Shawn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome