SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2016 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 01-04-2016
TakeFive

Re: 2016 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulladh View Post
This year I have a premium spot on the hard and will be 3rd or 4th boat to splash in April.

Reinstalling my Alado furler, and planning a late July sail to Smith and or Tangier Island.
I had my boat blocked in a different location too. I was tired of being blocked in by powerboats. I used to think that the ones who haul out in December were so gung-ho about fall/winter fishing that they wanted to get every day of boating that they could. I quickly realized that they were just procrastinators, and come April they don't return phone calls and block everyone in. (Our DIY boatyard refuses to launch unless the owner is personally present.)

They moved me over among the little trailer boats, so that anyone who blocks me in can be easily towed out of the way.

I went down today for a few hours and topped off my batteries before the big freeze hits this week.

I can't wait to get down into the Bay this summer. I'm debating changing my registration from PA to MD, so I can leave the boat down there for an extended period. Even if my home marina stays in PA, they don't check around here, and PA already has their sales tax from me anyway.

Rick S., Swarthmore, PA
USCG Certified Captain, OUPV and 50 Ton Master
ASA Certified 101/103/104/105/106

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Catalina 34MkII Tall Rig Wing Keel Breakin' Away, Universal Diesel M35B, Mantus 35 lb. anchor, sailing out of Rock Hall, MD

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome