SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is it safe to sleep overnight at the marina?
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 01-15-2016
Donna_F
The most female moderator

Dock
Re: Is it safe to sleep overnight at the marina?

Girl here. If this is your first experience with putting your boat in a slip, it's a valid question. I bought my first boat when I was single and, frankly, never gave it a thought so good for you for being more cautious.

I've slept in my boat alone when I was more or less alone in my marina (ungated). We have one yard guy who lives on his Tayana farther down the dock and at various times at least one other liveaboard.

It really comes down to YOUR comfort level. If you have the option, choose a marina you'd feel more comfortable in overnight. I don't remember from your other posts if you're planning to live aboard. I don't. The times I stay by myself, without my SO, is usually when I just want to get some boat work done without distraction or if I drive down mid-week after work to prepare the boat for a hurricane or whatever and don't feel like driving the two hours back home.

When you are marina shopping choose one based on how you're planning on using it beyond simply putting your boat in the slip.

Donna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRBS
Rock Hall, MD
KB3ZCB

If you're helping someone and expecting something in return, you're doing business not kindness.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome