SailNet Community - View Single Post - What type of Keel do you prefer....
View Single Post
post #41 of Old 01-24-2016
blt2ski

Re: What type of Keel do you prefer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
But I have this vision "What if you were anchored in Porto Fino on your 160' mega yacht. The crew was ashore and you were sitting on the stern, nice glass of Montrachet in your hand and,,,,you were depressed. What now?

Doesn't, have anything to do with draft but it came to mind reading about feeling your boat was small.

[red]In my experience you can get by just fine almost anywhere with 6'3" draft.[/red]
As much as I would like to agree with this bob perry person, whom ever he may be.......

6'3" of draft in the 8' pram I had as a learning to sail, oh, built it me self teenager. would probably be a bit more than I needed. The CB with 1.5-2' was plenty for that boat.

So with ALL due respect to this Bob Perry person, again, whom ever he thinks he is.........."IT DEPENDS" is the correct answer, I might need to disCUSS the diaper variety of depends if he is whom I have a feeling he is.......I've been told someone of importance....like a boat designer architect type person.......

I had a GREAT day skiing in some wet snow, at least it was snowing.....so figure I can be a bit goofy tonight! make sure ye all watch out for fuzzy womBets. I hear they get scary looking, kinda like a Tasmanian something or other.......

marty

She drives me boat,
I drives me dinghy!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome