SailNet Community - View Single Post - What type of Keel do you prefer....
View Single Post
post #44 of Old 01-24-2016
Minnewaska

Re: What type of Keel do you prefer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMaine View Post
......Anchored well outside the mooring field(beyond where this deep draft boat in your photo is aground), is a different world.
That photo just put me over the edge. Now I really need to get back on the water. Cutty is a standard. Ironically, that is a Jeanneau 54 in your pic, but not us. It has to be one of the bareboat fleet out of Newport, because it's often right there. I suspect it's a private mooring, because the LOA is too long for the town field. Still, I've driven through the mooring field before, without trouble.

That little anchorage you've mentioned is interesting. Personally, I don't think I could sleep on anchor there,even if our draft allowed. As you note, the holding is so-so. We have a buddy that loves anchoring there. My biggest concern would be everyone anchored around me, swinging on different scopes a chain v rope, etc. I drop the hook outside everytime and only go with southerly winds.

Quote:
We're in a different world.
That's for sure. Great island to go ashore and walk around. Ice cream and lobster available at the height of the season. Multiple places to go swimming or picnic ashore. Dinghy across the outer harbor anchorage to see the cattle on Nashawena Island cooling themselves off. Totally different world.

IMG00285-20100727-1211.jpg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome