SailNet Community - View Single Post - Calling all catalina 38 owners!
View Single Post
post #4 of Old 01-26-2016
CharlzO

Dock
Re: Calling all catalina 38 owners!

He listed some of his reasons above. Not everyone in the .org had the same problems, obviously, as it's still active among members. But I believe he had some stumbles trying to get activated, but that's not for me to get into here. However, one valid point is there is a lot of information on C38.org that is members only. And while I certainly appreciate that, it also means that for me to research more of the boat, I have to then pay to become a member of a site, where I'm not even an owner of the boat yet. Not saying I won't, because it is pretty much atop my want list. But I can easily see how someone just looking for information doesn't want to have to pay money for information that might be commonplace to find about other boats (I'm speculating, naturally, since I don't actually know what all info is IN the member's sections).

The FB group will just be another avenue to collect some information and discuss the boat itself, which might be a welcome sight for people not wishing to subscribe to the .org

Horizons Found
1976 Newport 28

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome