SailNet Community - View Single Post - What's the furthest you've sailed in the smallest boat?
View Single Post
post #30 of Old 02-07-2016
TomMaine

Re: In a 9'6" sailboat, I've circumnavigated,...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanwinter1 View Post
I plan on doing some miles in my sailing tender with no centre plate or rudder

just the steering oar

Sailing tender - no rudder - no centre plate - - YouTube
I've watched your simple sailing conversion to your tender. You get huge credit for getting it sailing without the hassle(that stops most conversions) of adding a rudder, mast step and most of all, a daggerboard slot and box.

That's a small tender to start with - about 8' - because(as you've explained), you need to car top it easily. I watched the video with that in mind.

This is the first I watched the video(which is fantastic, as all your video work is - top notch) to see how your conversion performs.

Ok, I'm impressed with how she sails. I still would like to see how it goes with a daggerboard and rudder. And for trim, I'd like to see it without the outboard sinking the stern.

Does this experiment make you think you might pick up a larger tender that would fit the two of you and the dog for more sailing off the big boat?

Thank you for the video.

Tom Young sailing a 1961 38' Alden Challenger, CHRISTMAS out of
Rockport, Maine.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'I'd have written a shorter post, but I didn't have the time', Mark Twain.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome