SailNet Community - View Single Post - Thoughts On The Sailing Forums
View Single Post
post #28 of Old 05-23-2016
mbianka

Re: Thoughts On The Sailing Forums

I bailed out of the Cruiser's Forum after dealing with some of the persnickety moderators and their increasingly silly rules regarding posts in this digital age. I still may lurk there on occasion but, do not participate even if i have something to add to a subject. Sailnet seems more tolerant with less overbearing moderators than CF. It's a more friendly port to drop anchor IMO.

I find that the major benefit of sailing forums is the information and opinions one can find in them. One of course needs to use ones own filter as to what discussions to participate. Still the information posted all goes into a big digital pot that one can access anytime and get answers quickly. I'm contemplating refurbishing some of the interior cabin on my boat. Just this morning I wanted to see if their was a generic substitute for the Interlux "Special" Thinner 216. A quick google search showed that this was was already answered on several sailing/boat forums in the form of Xylene available in any hardware store. That kind of information saved me money and a trip to a Marine store. Both good things.

Mike
Currently: Enjoying Summer's sailing season

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome