SailNet Community - View Single Post - Thoughts On The Sailing Forums
View Single Post
post #32 of Old 05-23-2016
RTB
TROUBLE

Re: Thoughts On The Sailing Forums

I've learned so much on the forums. Also, personally met many members who have become true friends. I've been strongly influenced in a positive way by a few members, and I have helped a few folks myself. I think you get out what you put into it. I met imagine2frolic at CF, and got invited to Florida for his "Fall Ball" and stayed on Imagine with my wife for a week. Later, John invited me to sail/crew with him and Melanie. We sailed from Green Cove Springs to Cartagena, Colombia. How cool is that?

So, after living aboard for almost four years, and having cruised over 7,500 miles, I look for questions that I can help with. Much of that cruising has been on the Gulf and Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway (from Texas to Georgia), so figure I have enough experience to help with the many questions that come up about doing the ditch. Two trips to the Bahamas including Bimini, Nassau, Exumas, Berry's, Eleuthera, and Abaco. So, hopefully can offer a little help to those who haven't been there yet and have questions.

In the past, I've sure wasted a lot of time here and at the other places. Not so much these days, unless I feel I can help someone with their question.

Ralph

S/V FUGUE
HUNTER 36
KEMAH, TX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome