SailNet Community - View Single Post - Do You Report Your Movements to Social Security?
View Single Post
post #8 of Old 06-01-2016
guitarguy56

Re: Do You Report Your Movements to Social Security?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldragbaggers View Post
A little update...... We are finally making our break. Our house is under contract and settlement is set for June 15th. We have our appointment with the retirement office tomorrow morning and will be retired from the school system effective July 1. We should be living aboard the boat by end of July and southbound in the ICW by September. Life is good. Very good indeed.

Our plans for the near future, at least the first few years, is the snow bird route, with winters being in the Bahamas and Caribbean, at least for some of the season, and then back to the U.S. and north as far as we feel like going in the summer. Rinse and repeat.
Congrats and hope all goes well with the sale... your plans are not much different than what we plan to do albeit less time 6-9 months and scurry back to land... one reason we need to keep one of our homes or keep one of the condos we have in Puerto Rico or my wife's Key Largo condo.

Same with my wife retiring from the school system... her retirement is still a ways to go... should have married some cutie my age... we'd be cruising already... now I have to wait!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome