View Single Post
post #81 of Old 06-04-2016
SVAuspicious
Mermaid Hunter

Re: Portable Genny

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Honda guy here...sorry I'm late. A few facts:

No Honda generators are Coast Guard approved. Honda does not recommend their use aboard any craft.

The EU2000i has a splash-type lubrication system, not pressurized, and there is an engine shut-down sensor (float-type) if the oil level falls below a minimum level. This sensor can engage more readily if the generator is operated at an angle vs. flat and level.

The EU2000i has a vacuum-style (not electric) fuel pump. Most generators are simple fuel tanks with gravity-feed designs, but the compact design of the EU2000i means the carburetor sits above the fuel tank sump, so a pump is required.

There are no special hardware or treatment of materials to make them marine grade or less susceptible to corrosion.
Ground and neutral are not bonded at the generator.

The high frequency noise floats across anchorages and is as irritating as a mosquito buzzing about your ears.

sail fast and eat well, dave S/V Auspicious

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

beware "cut and paste" sailors

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome