Originally Posted by Heller Gregory
My only beef now is that their broker wants me to wait another day for their response. The sellers have stonewalled me twice, I have their answer.
Who cares what the broker wants .... you had a time limit on your counter which has expired. Anything that the sellers come up with is a new deal, nothing from before applies.
If the seller decides to be so gracious as to accept your offer (sarcasm !!!!), I would suggest sitting on it for a few days past their deadline and replying with a counter that is 5k lower. Sure they will be steaming but a) they will learn a good lesson and b) they will more than likely accept it later in the season when they realize how hard it is to find a buyer.
Personally, from al that you wrote, you dodged a bullet by having the seller reject the counter.